~ From the Beatnik Gourmet
Serves 4 people
1/2 bunch red grapes & 1/2 bunch green table grapes
2 medium Red Delicious apples, cored & diced
3 celery stalks, diced in small pieces
2 tbsp. red wine vinegar
2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup pecan halves
4-6 oz. Texas artisanal bleu cheese crumbled
1 cup sour cream
Cayenne pepper to taste
Salt, pepper, & sugar to taste
- Toss pecan halves in with brown sugar & cayenne pepper; arrange evenly on sheet pan & toast.
- Toss cored & chopped apple in with the lemon to avoid browning.
- Mix sour cream with both apple cider & red wine vinegar; add salt, pepper & sugar to taste to create a creamy, balanced base dressing.
- Combine apple, celery, grapes, 3/4 the amount of bleu cheese & dressing. Toss thoroughly.
- Use remaining bleu cheese to top salad along with toasted candied pecans.